Saturday 13 May 2017

100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima

Today would be a good day to say your Rosary!

Me, I got up at 6:47 AM to get myself to the Extraordinary Form of  the Mass, only to discover when I got to the chapel that Mass had been shifted to another town today! I had been told--but I forgot.

So I went to 9 AM Polish Mass at the Cathedral, and that was all right.

But as the 100th Anniversary  of the Apparitions at Fatima--now is as good a time as any to tell you that I have a new job: full-time "Culture of Life" reporter for Life Site News.

If there was ever a time I needed a full-time job, this is it! My heart broke when I found out how fervently Benedict Ambrose was praying that I got this job. It's not that we're in trouble; it's just that there's a lot of uncertainty in our lives, and an extra full-time income will  do something to ease the pressure. Our GP told B.A. the most important thing for him to recover from is operation was to rest, but he's back at work and his mind has not been at rest.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to going out into the wider world and collecting stories on a daily basis. It's a different craft from blogging and column-writing, certainly, but I look forward to the mind-sharpening it involves.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And we'll be looking for your column at that excellent site LifeSiteNews!
    What a sweet husband you have! No wonder you love him (AND be sure to go to Italy soon on that vacation)
    love your blog - please keep it up too!
    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is so cool! Congratulations!! Looking forward to reading your articles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit nervous, but I'm praying that all will be well.

      Delete