Monday 11 September 2017

A Much Better Day

Since I have harrowed up your souls with this morning's post,  I must in justice tell you that B.A. is doing so much better now that he has been operated on. He is so much more like his old self.

When I turned up today, I found out that he has got a proper physiotherapist at last. She taught him how to use a contraption he refuses to call a Zimmer frame, and he pushed it down the hall to the Patient Waiting Room where we had a good chat. He is very cheerful and getting along well with his three roommates. They all banter madly together and with the nurses in that inimitable Scottish way.

There is also a chart at the end of his bed monitoring how much food he has eaten. Also, I am delighted to say, he ate three square meals today. My goal now is to make sure he stays in the hospital long enough to gain weight and be able to walk without a prop.

But I am utterly exhausted, so that's it from me for now. When I was on my way for a sandwich from the nearby Waitrose between the two "visiting hours" periods, I got completely lost and spent my whole "dinner hour" taking buses back to the hospital.  I'm chalking that up as one more symptom of "tired brain."

Update (Wednesday): AND I forgot a bag of laundry on one of the busses on  the way home. However, I found it today at the Lost Articles office, so now the clothes are washed and drying on the line.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks be to God he is better! But still keeping up the prayers and please everyone say a prayer for the McLeans when you read this blog! Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! we're praying for you and BA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lord. May He provide all the healing you and BA need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delighted to read this news.

    Clio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seraphic, me and my husband are keeping your husband and you in our prayers. Also, we are going to give a talk about single life and marriage to our parish youth on Thursday. We will partly speak about your book since it helped me so much. :) Prayers are welcome for this talk. :)

    Emilka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, thank God! Will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God! Rosary is powerful! By the way, did you know this novena? Warning: miracles happen!
    http://www.praymorenovenas.com/mary-undoer-knots-novena/
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats great to hear!!I too will keep praying! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete