Wednesday 31 January 2018

Cinematic Interlude

I have watched Just Like Heaven two nights in a row, and I think I have a crush on Mark Ruffalo. This is problematic, given my job and Ruffalo's politics.  Oh, and we're both married.

I am totally into Just Like Heaven. This is probably too shame-making to blog about. However, if you are a girl, I suggest you see it. If you have Amazon Prime, you can even see it for free. But if you get a massive crush on Mark Ruffalo as a result, you may be disappointed to discover that 13 Going on 30 is not free to those with Amazon Prime. Not that I know anything about that

Update: Now I am having imaginary conversations with Dr. Jordan Peterson about why I am so entranced by Just Like Heaven.

JP: It's because of the archetypes. There's a man and a woman in a Garden. You're psychologically dispositioned to like that stuff.

Me: Really?

JP: And Mark Ruffalo stands up straight with his shoulders back.*

Me: So what you're saying is that I'm just a female lobster.

JP: No, I didn't say that.

*Update: B.A. says he doesn't. He also says Mark Ruffalo has a squishy face. It occurs to me that B.A. may be an eensie-weensie bit jealous. If so, how silly. You don't see me bad-mouthing Helen Mirren, Penelope Keith, Charlotte Rampling and all the other superannuated starlets B.A. finds so beguiling.

3 comments:

  1. Mark Ruffalo...hubba hubba! Also love that movie, maybe time for a re-watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having not seen any for years, and now mainlining clips on Youtube, I think rom coms may be dangerous. They definitely do not portray life as it is. I wonder what it is about these fantasies that so resonate with human wishes? Maybe Dr. Jordan Peterson knows. Maybe he has a video on this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChmeNFJK5BI

    ReplyDelete