Friday 13 January 2017

Roused by Song

Well, maybe not song, exactly. (That's the motto of one of my clans, by the way.) More like roused by love of teaching. Having postponed Wednesday's Ancient Greek class to Friday, I was determined to be well enough to teach today. When I woke up at 2 AM with a splitting headache, I groaned with disappointment.

However, I reread parts of Lalka until I fell asleep again, and when I woke up at 9, I waited out my first four hours of misery to see if I would feel well enough to take a shower, get dressed and walk to the train station. Happily I did. I left early enough to walk slowly.

Baby, it was cold outside. However, the important thing is that the whole adventure--walk 20 minutes - train - walk 15 minutes - teach - walk 15 minutes - train - walk 20 minutes--took only 3 hours, and it has been a dry day, so I never felt damp. Now I shall wait and see if I feel even better tomorrow or have another relapse.

I am not usually that interested in my health, but it has been an interesting six weeks from a tissue manufacturer's point of view. My glasses are still firmly on my nose, as I have felt too poorly to find out if I can wear contact lenses again. And I am certainly not going to anything strenuous until this cold is clearly over.

Today's class included the Present Tense of (most) verbs and the first declension feminine and second declension masculine, nominative and accusative, singular. Hopefully that was not too much to introduce all in one hour. Fortunately, my charges know Latin and are keen.

No comments:

Post a Comment