Friday 27 January 2017

The Traditional Mass in Scotland

Here's what I wrote for the Scottish Catholic Observer from my bed of sickness. Profuse apologies for having misnamed the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP).  I like the sub-ed's title, and the photo he or she got from somewhere (not me).

I wanted to showcase other--and younger--people's feelings about the Extraordinary Form, and talk about its celebration in far-flung parts of Scotland, so it's not a very intimate piece. That is, it's not an in-depth look at life in a traditional Catholic community. It's my way of introducing a perhaps mysterious group of Scottish Catholics to other Scottish Catholics, just as I attempted with the Ukrainians, the University Chaplaincies, the Syro-Malabars and Poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment