Wednesday 21 March 2018

The Dating Project

I did not get an wink of sleep on Monday night and as a result was ill all Tuesday. But the bright side of that was that I had an internet fast. That was great because---screen addiction.

How many human beings are addicted to the internet, I wonder. How many are actually addicted to television? How many people are addicted to the rage that surges through them when they read about things that make them mad? I worry about this a lot now, for reasons obvious to my newest readers.

So I was very happy that this week I had the opportunity to write about something that made me happy: an article about The Dating Project movie.

(I also planned a follow-up to this article on an eye-opening homily, so consulted Polish Pretend Son, who pelted me with colourful insults, and his pal The Giant, who didn't.)

I wish more professors made asking someone out on an a chaste, alcohol-free date a prerequisite for passing their courses. Kerry Cronin, the angel of the Lonergan Research Institute, as she really was (and probably still is), used to make it an optional part of her course.  However, she discovered that few students actually went through with it because they were just too scared.

Kerry makes girls ask out boys, not just the boys ask the girls, which I would normally not recommend, but as her motives are educational, I think it at least makes girls consider just how frightening asking a girl out really is for a guy. I read somewhere (or heard from Jordan Peterson) that the terror involved in asking out a girl is directly proportionate to how much the boy likes her, so I'm amazed to think now how totally in love with me most boys were in the 1980s.

Just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dorothy - great article on Father Staniek. May God bless him for his courage and wisdom and may God make the cowardly cardinals, bishops and priests realize they will face HIS judgement for defending the TRUTH! Great job Dorothy!!!( E from T.O.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant for " NOT DEFENDING THE TRUTH"

    ReplyDelete